We are incredibly proud to announce that we are aspire has won the Business in the Community Award at this year’s Sentinel Business Awards.
As a group, we are aspire has a strong focus on addressing social disadvantage and supporting local communities to maximise their potential. We operate in areas of multiple disadvantage and target our support to the areas which need it most; specifically those where we can add social value and bolster social mobility.
The award recognises various specific aspects of we are aspire’s efforts in the community. Including:
- Our internal apprenticeship scheme, which has created almost 400 apprenticeships for local people
- Our company volunteering policy, which gives employees two paid volunteering days a year
- Our staff fundraising events, such as Cupcake Day and the Memory Walk for Alzheimer’s Society, Bring a Pound Day for Dougie Mac, a bucket collection for the Lord Mayor Charity, and a food drive for Asha North Staffs
- Aspire 2 Work, which offers employability support to Aspire Housing customers
- Aspire Housing’s tenancy support and older persons services, which support customers to live independently and improve life skills
- Aspire Housing’s community Get Together events that run throughout the year, which bring communities together to tackle any local issues and help create local pride
- Realise charity’s partnership projects with other local charities, which have helped the charity to support over 8,000 local people
- Aspire Housing’s Christmas Toy Appeal, run in partnership with Tesco, which managed to collect over 14,000 toys last year
- Our Dementia Friends programme, which has been taken up by over 200 colleagues across we are aspire
We’re delighted to have been recognised for this award and we look forward to continue working with the fantastic Staffordshire communities for another year.
We’d also like to congratulate our HR and Business Services Apprentice Naila Bibi, who was highly commended in the Apprentice of the Year category.
The full list of award winners can be found here: https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/winners-sentinel-business-awards-2019-2698240