On Friday 18th October, we held our first ever People First Fest – a day to reflect on the ways in which we work in our communities, and to celebrate the efforts of our colleagues.
The day focused on the launch of the new we are aspire Corporate Strategy Guide, which outlines our pledge to focus our resources on putting people at the heart of all that we do. The guide is split into two main sections:
- Our vision – Building Better Futures by putting people first
- Our strategy – to maximise the impact of all parts of the group, to ensure our neighbourhoods prosper
We also hosted our Staff Awards 2019, to celebrate the achievements of all our wonderful colleagues.
The awards were split into six categories, with all nominations coming from colleagues. Our staff forum then split the nominations into shortlists and colleagues voted for the winners.
And the winners are…
- Apprentice of the Year Award – Naila Bibi, Trainee Apprenticeship Coordinator
- Rising Star Award – Jack Grocott, Communications & Events Coordinator
- Outstanding Leadership Award – John Moore, Group Financial Controller
- People First Award – Liz Darlington, Senior Neighbourhood Coordinator
- Solid Supporter Award – Lauren Brissett, Programme Delivery Coordinator
- Team of the Year Award – Skills Development Team, PM Training
A huge congratulations to all our winners, finalists, and everybody who was nominated. There were so many deserving people and teams – it really showcased some of the fantastic work that our colleagues do.